Sunday, April 1, 2012

1st Sunday in April

The bad news... we didn't win the megamillions. (dammit)
The good news...we had a great Saturday.
We got up Saturday and went to this cafe/diner (find it here) type deal and then went to the Santa Fe Farmers Market.  For those of you who know nothing about the farmers market here, it is super hippy-dippy.  When I was living in Florida before I moved to New Mexico, I used to think I was a displaced hippy (should've grown up in the 60's).  I was wrong.  The people that live here are seriously on a completely different level.  Don't get me wrong I love walking around and seeing all the delicious fresh veggies and homemade jams and jellies.  But sometimes things go too far. For example: 
You guys...I can't. (I'm laughing as I write this)  What? Used plants?  Basically they were herbs..I think?  I saw some parsley and lettuce.  But I don't get it.  Aren't all little plants that are being sold at a farmers market "used" in one way or another?  Whatever Santa Fe, do your thing.

We picked up some eggs and heirloom tomatoes.  Naturally we went home and immediately made BLT's.  Ya baby.  After we ate, we did some yard work and took Roy for a walk through the trail by our house.  It was an uneventful but super fun day.  

Hope you all are having a relaxing/exciting/special/whatever you need weekend!

AHH! I almost forgot.  I'm participating in the mug swap at Suzel Says and I am so excited.  I hope you all decide to participate as well.  Although I don't drink coffee anymore (per this post) I drink tea all the time and would love a mug to mark my initiation to the blogging world.  So please, link up and get involved.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment